Our national client, an established Insurance carrier, is seeking experienced Commercial Lines Underwriters in Atlanta GA and Austin TX.
Location: Hybrid after training 2 days per week in office
What are we looking for? Determine acceptability of new applications, renewals and endorsements based upon risk characteristics, profit potential and company underwriting standards.
- Review new applications, renewals, and requests for changes to determine acceptability of all commercial lines of insurance written by the company on either a mono-line or package policy basis (i.e., commercial fire, commercial general liability, workers’ compensation, commercial and fleet auto, business owners’, etc.).
- Evaluate risks and make decisions regarding insurability considering nature and location of property and/or operations, including physical and moral hazards involved utilizing information secured from producers, engineering reports and financial statements within described limits of authority, specific filings, statutes, and laws. Recommend risk improvements if warranted.
- Select proper policy or policies to be utilized and determine appropriate pricing using individual risk and experience premium modification factors; evaluate and monitor premium basis for auditable policies on both a new and renewal basis and provide assistance to the audit collection processor.
- Secure facultative reinsurance on risks where appropriate based on nature and type of risk and insured amounts consistent with company guidelines.
- Maintain current knowledge of technical aspects of commercial insurance underwriting and applicable state and local statutes and laws.
- Participate in education and training of agents by presenting technical and corporate information regarding commercial insurance issues.
- Review assigned agencies’ experience on periodic basis with marketing and claim personnel; make periodic visits to agents to improve quality of submissions, stimulate growth and achieve improved agency/company relationships and more profitable results.
- Communicate with internal and external parties including state regulators, other insurance companies, reinsurers, co-workers, and agents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 3 years’ commercial lines underwriting experience
- Thorough knowledge of commercial lines products and coverages
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Supplemental insurance education/designations
- Independent agency distribution experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of and relationships with agency force in the servicing area