Seeking several Field Service Boiler/Burner/Controls Technicians. Experience is a big plus however we will train apprentices as well. Position primarily requires a positive attitude with solution-oriented approach to problem solving. Must take pride in your work and have ability to work as part of a team. As factory authorized service technicians, we demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism and capability to support our equipment. World-Class customer service and efficiency is our goal!
If you are driven to establish a career in this industry but do not have the experience in essential functions listed below; you should still apply if you can meet our responsibilities/expectations and physical demands
- Hands-on ability for combustion tuning and analysis as well as troubleshooting skills to determine and adjust a full range of burners from .5 to 30 MMBTU input
- Factory start-up and commissioning of various C&I thermal equipment including hydronic boilers, high- and low-pressure steam systems including firetube and industrial water tube boilers, steam turbines, heat exchangers, snow melt systems, etc.
- Boiler room analyses for possible opportunities to improve reliability and efficiency
- Understanding of all types of hot water and steam (high pressure & low pressure) boiler support equipment to include deaerators, feed systems, blow down systems, economizers and waste heat recovery equipment
- Understanding of wiring diagrams, electrical, controls and instrumentation
- Burner upgrades/conversions
- Advanced Burner control upgrades/conversions
- Implementation of energy efficiency measures
- Technical report writing
- Perform scheduled & emergency maintenance/repair of the equipment and all other associated equipment
- Perform installation of the equipment at customer sites as well as conducting pre-installation assistance
- Must be available for “On Call” 24 hour emergency service rotation. Additional compensation is provided when “On Call”. Overtime/Double-time compensation paid for work performed outside of normal business hours.
- Scheduled night and weekend work is sometimes required to meet customer needs. Advance notice will be provided and will show flexibility/consideration whenever possible.
- Must have attitude and aptitude to develop a high level of customer service skills, as well as the ability to respond quickly to service calls with good time management and planning
- Must be motivated and fast paced personality with strong work ethic
- Must work effectively with little or no supervision once trained
- Able to read, write and have good oral communications skills in English, other languages a plus
- Computer ability should be proficient for producing required reports
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License to drive rental vehicles & able to pass a DOT physical for driving fleet vehicles as required, a CDL is not required
- Maintain company provided equipment, tools and or fleet vehicle as per company policy.
- This role requires ability to pass a pre-hire drug test, pre-hire background check and completion of an I-9 form.
- Requires completion of company provided confined space & lockout/tagout training in order to work safely as part of a team
- Responsible for the prevention and/or mitigation of any environmental impact associated with job-related tasks, accidents, and emergency situations or conditions
- Actively promotes safe behaviors and health awareness at all times in the execution of daily tasks
- Service vehicle with gas card (once trained and independent)
- Cell phone allowance
- Extensive technical training & professional development opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Vacation and paid sick time
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid travel time – to and from the job site