We are a midsize, growing, HVAC Commercial Construction Company located in Conshohocken, looking for a Commercial HVAC Project Manager-Estimator to prepare comprehensive cost and labor estimates for heating, process piping and sheet metal trades for project bid proposals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate a variety of mechanical construction projects, scheduling and coordinating design and construction processes including the selection, hiring and oversight of specialty trade subcontractors
- Review various drawings and specifications, visit site of proposed project, gathering information including -access, electric, water and other service availability, drainage factors, space limitations, etc.
- Determine quantity of materials and labor- decide equipment needs, sequence of operations, size of crew required and physical constraints at the site. Wasted material, inclement weather, shipping delays and other factors that may increase costs are incorporated into the estimate.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Coordinate several major activities at once while analyzing and resolving specific problems
- Responsible for obtaining all necessary permits, licenses, etc.
- Ability to follow and/or prepare time-phase charts for job project management
- Understanding engineering, architectural, and other construction drawings
- Knowledge of computers, strong communications and interpersonal skills along with self-confidence in presenting and supporting one’s conclusion
- Aptitude for mathematics-analyzing, comparing and interpreting detailed, but sometimes poorly, defined information from prints or sketches-ability to make sound and accurate judgments based on information received
- Bachelor’s in construction management/science, engineering or architecture in addition to previous experience through industry work, project management experience required