Chemical Process Manager Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a Chemical Process Manager for a very well established and growing manufacturing firm in the Springfield, MA area on a full-time permanent basis. The ideal candidate must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Chemical Process Manager Responsibilities:
- Responsible for efficiency, quality and quantity of work performed under his direction.
- Responsible for accuracy and maintenance of the chemical inventory and related systems.
- Responsible for all Waste Treatment department daily operations and compliance.
- Supplies all necessary support to the Production Department to ensure efficiency of operation is attained.
- Responsible for maintaining all plating and related solutions at their optimum.
- Instructs, leads, and motivates the efforts of the personnel assigned to him/her, and when necessary; initiates progressive disciplinary action.
- Responsible for recommending needed capital equipment and proposed layouts for installation.
- Responsible to ensure all tools/equipment provided to the Chemical Waste Treatment areas are maintained (tanks, pumps, solutions, fixtures, rectifiers and all associated equipment)
- Responsible for cleanliness: e. housekeeping in Chemical, Waste Treatment and R&D areas.
- Responsible for the R&D function as follows:
- Improving throughput and efficiency of the production department by optimization of process solution
- Troubleshooting issues
- New process development/business development assistance
- Predictive maintenance
- Production employee training/education
- Identify and implement cost savings measures when applicable throughout the facility.
- Manage daily/weekly routine preventative maintenance operations.
- Other duties as
Chemical Process Engineer Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ experience as a manager in related field
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Suite exp. required.
- Other Requirements: Wastewater Treatment, Electroplating, Laboratory Background (preferred)