Buyer Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a Buyer for a very well established and growing manufacturing firm in the Bowling Green, KY area on a full time permanent basis. We are seeking a driven and detail-oriented Buyer to be responsible for selecting and purchasing quality products for our business. Responsibilities are strategic; supplier selection (domestic and global), negotiations, quality assurance, new product launches, and data analysis. The Buyer will work with staff across all departments to meet the needs of the business. The Buyer should be analytically minded and possess excellent negotiating skills to secure long term partnerships with suppliers.
- Research, select, and purchase quality products and materials.
- Develop a strategic partnership with suppliers not just transactional.
- Involve suppliers in planning for key initiatives and jointly developing new products, support quick to market.
- Review supplier capabilities and align with our needs.
- Review supplier price, quality, delivery, financial stability, capacity, flexibility, and lead times to confirm fit for product and volumes.
- Assist with supplier development if needed and provide continued support.
- Negotiate a win-win with suppliers.
- Communicate and review delivery and PPM with critical suppliers.
- Effective communication with suppliers to review any cost increases and decreases, benchmark commodity cost with additional suppliers.
- Member of cross functional teams to launch new product and provide needed support other areas. Purchasing, Materials, Engineering, Quality, and Operations.
- Develop a strategy and supply base for each commodity.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities and manage project.
- Broad-based understanding of purchasing/supply chain.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and facilitate team meetings.
- Knowledge of best business practices.
- Demonstrated skills in managing a supply base.
- Proven knowledge base and demonstrated ability in understanding supply chain in a manufacturing setting.
- Planning and organization skills to work on multiple projects and meet user demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven success in working in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively partner with all internal function areas.
- Five or more years of experience preferred
- B.S. degree in Business or related field preferred