Masis Professional Group is looking for an experienced Automation Engineer to support our Automation/Robotics team. The ideal candidate will design, integrate, program, and service robotic systems for our customers with the express purpose of maximizing the effectiveness of business processes that promote the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Work closely with the robotics team on the front end to qualify opportunities.
- Work closely with the design team to provide solutions to customers.
- Program and integrate robotic systems per customer specifications.
- Support the quoting and securing of projects, as needed.
- Attend customer meetings as needed.
- Responsible for robotics (FANUC) programming and development, including identifying potential scope changes and/or problem areas.
- Responsible for assisting in PLC, HMI, and PC programming and development, including identifying potential scope changes and/or problem areas.
- Assist the controls team in design as needed.
- Provide onsite installation advisement and start up. Commissioning services on the job site.
- Advise robotics team on design functionality and applicability of FANUC robots.
- Ensure deadlines are met with minimal rework.
- Maintains a clean work area and follows all safety practices of the organization when completing work assignments.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical school plus experience.
- PLC programming experience a plus.
- FANUC robotics training preferred.
- Familiar with both PLC hardware and software; Ability to troubleshoot PLC programming.
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLC Programming.
- AutoCAD and RoboGuide experience is a plus.
- Safety oriented attitude required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Basic computer knowledge and the ability to operate diagnostic software.
- Experience with electrical system installation is preferred.
- Experience with mechanical system installation is preferred.