SENIOR MANAGER/ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, RESEARCH PROGRAM
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Research Program Management to play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND. The candidate will be responsible for providing strong leadership and expertise to drive teams (internal and external) to execute on program deliverables and initiatives required to meet the goals of the organization. The successful candidate will work closely with scientists across the company to rapidly advance the drug discovery programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic and cross-functional team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, open-minded, goal-oriented, have excellent communication skills and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
The Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Research Program Management will:
- Provide high quality program management to an innovative portfolio of exploratory and drug discovery programs from idea through to IND.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the drug discovery process to guide program teams to define the key scientific questions, program strategy and objectives, translating these into optimal deliverables, cross-functional plans, timelines and budgets.
- Partner with the Program Leader to drive and lead the program team.
- Identify and mitigate program risks with input from team members.
- Ensure all decisions made on the program are assessed as to their impact.
- Work closely with Finance and the cross-functional program teams to establish program related budgets and resourcing plans. Is accountable to monitor plans and ensure programs have the required resources and budget.
- Will interface with and drive collaboration between the various teams at: Medicinal Chemistry, AI, Technology, Biology, Development (DMPK, Preclinical Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology and Medicine) and with the Leadership Team.
- Work in collaboration with the wider Program Management Team to build the Companies PMO including defining, establishing, and maintaining the program management tools and systems to enable efficient and effective management, tracking and reporting of the research programs.
- Ensure efficient and effective communications of program related information to all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Manage alliances and/or partnerships associated with their assigned programs.
- Lead and/or manage strategic or platform development projects as required.
- Degree in a scientific discipline, ideally life science or chemistry
- 10 years relevant experience in pharma or biotech drug discovery and development, as well as a comprehensive understanding of drug discovery (preclinical).
- 3+ years of Project Management experience in drug discovery and development.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated teambuilding and leadership skills
- Scientific curiosity and passion for discovering new, innovative medicines.
- Openness to embrace new technologies and digital approaches in drug discovery
- Proven track record in driving successful, collaborative drug discovery teams.
- PMP certification
- Leadership experience, line management and/or matrix environment