Masis Professional Group is hiring for direct placement opportunities! We are assisting our client in searching for a Application/Sales Engineer.
Job Summary: Provide detailed quotations and marketing support to customers in the alternative energy, petrochemical, oil, and gas, power generation, and air separation markets, based upon the information provided within customer inquiries. Track and follow up on open quotations. Provide detailed information to project management teams for successful completion of awarded project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cost estimating of modular piping packages including purchased system components, raw material and labor.
- Analysis of customer supplied information including drawings, specifications (mechanical, electrical, painting, welding, non-destructive testing, etc.) for estimating purposes.
- Creation of inquiries to sub-suppliers for the purpose of component selection and cost estimating.
- Creation of a formal written quotation and detailed comments/exceptions to customer specifications.
- Follow up with customer engineers for technical clarifications as necessary.
- For successful quotations, provide project cost estimates and all necessary technical data to project teams.
- Provide technical support during project completion, as needed.
- Participation in various industry tradeshows, as needed.
- Generation and tracking of new leads through continuous outreach to new clients, utilizing company CRM system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of ANSI B31.3 and B31.1 piping standard.
- General knowledge of API standards (including but not limited to API-610, API-611, API-612, API-613, API-614, API-617, API-618, API-619, API-672, API-676).
- General knowledge of rotating equipment such as pumps, gears, compressors, motors, steam turbines, turbo-expanders, and generators.
- General knowledge of ASTM structural steel material standards for shapes, plate, forgings, castings, bolting.
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- General knowledge of heat transfer, filtration, control valve application, instrumentation selection.
- General knowledge of NEC (National Electric Code) and other international electrical codes such as IEC and CSA.
- Ability to communicate clearly with clients and sub-suppliers on a regular basis, both verbally and in writing.
Credentials and Experience:
- BS in Engineering
- 5 years related experience or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Willing to work overtime to meet deadlines. Moderate domestic and international travel for technical meetings at client’s facilities.
Please submit your resume to be considered for this position.