Administrative Assistant Job Description
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant (Domestic Travel Required) for a very well established and growing utility company in the Montgomery County, PA area on a full time permanent basis. The Administrative Assistant will perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, conducting research, organizing, maintaining paper and electronic files, providing information to callers, maintaining SAP time entry and maintaining/submitting expense reports in the office as well as traveling and supporting assigned team within the United States.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains spreadsheets encompassing various matters.
- Assists staff with research and preparation of reports and presentations.
- Managing appointments, coordinating/scheduling meetings, and maintaining calendars.
- Modifies and upgrades data systems.
- Assists in the utilization of computerized applications to facilitate productivity.
- Responsible for assessing and maintaining all office supplies.
- Maintains division files.
- Prepare and distribute minutes of meetings.
- Opening and distributing division mail, and preparing urgent packages for overnight.
- Tracking/monitoring incoming and outgoing correspondence as needed.
- Reviews various monthly budget reports and maintains and submits accurate expense records in SAP.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and assists with scheduling.
- Initiates purchase requisitions and service entry sheets in SAP.
- Verifies and processes invoices for payment, prepares travel authorizations and submits/maintains monthly expense reports.
- Submits work order requests for department moves, telephones, voice-mail requests, PC log-on, etc.
- Maintains SAP time entry reporting for executive’s direct reports.
- Relieve in the absence of other assistant administrators
- Performs other project and process improvement initiatives as assigned.
- Performs administrative support during storm response activities
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
Ability to set priorities, organize work and make occasional exceptions.
Ability to develop and maintain working relationships with customers and support teams.
Initiative to work independently or as a member of a team, coordinating with others to achieve desired results
Demonstrated well-developed written and verbal communications skills for interaction within the section, across departmental lines to all levels of personnel, and vertically with management.
Ability to meet goals and objectives with minimal direct supervision
Demonstrated positive interpersonal behaviors toward CPS Energy, associates, and customers consistent with company core values.
Ability to effectively manage sensitive and confidential information
Relative experience in secretarial/administrative management for Operational Units
Demonstrated ability to multi-task various critical work assignments proactively and independently in a fast paced environment and in a professional manner.
High level of accuracy of work and attention to detail.
- Associate’s degree in Office Administration, Business or other related field from an accredited institution
- Experience providing administrative support
- Experience in Utility industry
Company will provide a company vehicle, housing/food (while traveling), and the assistant will be paid for 18 hours while traveling even when only working 10-12 hours.